Monday, February 4, 2013

Waning Sanity, Body Giving Out: The Joys of the Last Month of Pregnancy


36 weeks 3 days

One of our closest friends said after me grunting loudly trying to painfully get up off of a couch, "We get it, you're pregnant." 

I almost punched him in the face. 

This is my life lately. I eat, and my belly feels like it is about to split open. Two hours after I eat, I get heartburn. The baby sticks her butt out so hard I swear I am getting a bruise on my stomach. Every time she wiggles her head, I feel a pain and a pressure through my whole uterus into my damn cervix! My back, hips and generally my whole torso is in some sort of pain 100% of the time. I am uncomfortable when I stand, sit, and lie down. Though lying down is easiest, it is difficult to do at work, in public, and at other people's homes making it virtually impossible to be even remotely comfortable.

Pregnancy is awesome. O.o

I do have pregnancy to thank for opening my eyes to the wondrous world that is breakfast food. I have never loved, bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal etc. as much as I currently do. I feel as though I have deprived myself for 27 years!

Mentally I must be completely on the ledge about to jump off the cliff. I keep having those awful being chased dreams, or trying to get somewhere and not being able to make it even though you feel exactly like you know where you are going, labor dreams where things are going wrong. 

So basically I am barely hanging in there. 

It is February 4th. The baby isn't due until March 1st. 

All I have to say is my plan is to go into labor and have her on February 10th. And if things don't go that way, I may have a complete breakdown. Fingers crossed!

I made some decent headway on my book. I am not sure if I have mentioned it yet. I am writing (or attempting to..) a book about all the ins and outs of pumping breast milk. You think it isn't that hard or complicated, and then realize it is something of an art form and takes practice and skill, massive amounts of dedication and time. I lasted 7.5 months with Owen exclusively pumping and bottle feeding, not due to choice but rather he had a terrible latch. There were tips and stories I wish I had heard or knew before/during the pumping process, that I didn't get to find out until after. So. I am "writing" a book. We shall see if anything comes of it. :) I sure hope I get it done and can convince someone to publish it! 

Currently baby Ryan is trying to make her great escape by kicking and pushing her way out of my uterus. It is taking my breath away! So uncomfortable. It is so weird when you can see your stomach moving like there is an alien in there... And freaky. Weird and freaky.

Well, I am somewhat covered in acrylic paint from trying to get further on the paint job on the rocking chair in the baby's room, I've got 90% of Ryan's clothes washed and put away, fabric bought for the chair in her room, a couple loads of laundry done, the dishes done, the waffle maker cleaned of the cinnamon from making cinnamon rolls in it. (Delicious, but not really worth the pain of cleaning the waffle maker!) I still have so much more to do, but my back hurts. 

So I am done for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment